***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Look, Don't Touch........................

My sister sent these stacking dolls to me from Moldova. She lived there for a few years. I love these little dolls (and everything else she sent me). Apparently, Noah loves these dolls, too. He knows they are a "look, don't touch" item in our house, but every so often I'll come into the computer room and find the dolls all seperated and sitting all around the room in various places. When I ask Noah what's going on, I usually get something along the lines of, "they just wanted to get out and play". The dolls wanted to get out and play and Noah was just helping them out! As you can see he's lost half of one little doll, so far. I'm hoping to avoid losing any more. Because, like most of the other "look, don't touch" things in my house, they can't be replaced. I don't know of anyone going to Moldova (Bulgaria, Dubai, Bahrain, Hong Kong, Singapore, Spain, Greece, the list goes on and on) any time soon. Chad keeps assuring me that soon we'll get a curio to put all my "look, don't touch" things, but until then, the little people apparently need to play!

**********************************************************************************


Since I mentioned my sister, I'll throw a plug in for her, too. She started a website about teaching children to cook. She's really done a great job with it. You should go and check it out!

There's even pictures of my kids! :)

3 Comments:

Kids Cooking Activities said...

Thanks big sister!
I suppose the stacking dolls need a little air sometimes. Glad you liked them and Noah.

dawnae said...

I have the same problem...but my problem is no one gets to look at the irreplaceables because I have them packed away...no curio either. sigh....
ps. love the cooking site...lots of fun!

Phae-Jae said...

Those are beautiful. I'd probably break all rules to get my hands on them too, as a child.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...