***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Just My Luck.............

I don't think I mentioned to you all that the day before Chad started getting underway again, about a month ago, my van broke down. It's been sitting in the garage ever since. I chose not to deal with it until he got back for awhile. I just couldn't. I didn't have "it" in me. So, here we are, a month later, Chad's back and we had the van towed yesterday to find out what the problem was. We knew it had something to do with the transmission, which made us worry. Everyone we've talked to told us our van wasn't old enough or have enough miles on it to need a new transmission, but I had my doubts. Our luck seems to lean toward un-lucky.

Well, I got the call this morning. The man said, "do you have a minute to talk about your van?" and I knew it was going downhill from there. We won't have the exact estimate until this afternoon, but we're looking at over $2000 to fix it. OUCH! Like I said, unlucky!

3 Comments:

dawnae said...

I absolutely hate car stuff. My husband says I drive him crazy with all my "noises" I hear....but I told him if our mini van ever broke down on the free way when he is out of town...he would have to buy me a new one! Car stuff is the worst! I feel for ya.

Your favorite sister said...

ouch! No fun. :(

Unknown said...

Not fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...