***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter




We started our Easter morning by finishing our Resurrection Day Cookies (click to get the recipe) They turned out great. The kids really enjoyed doing it and I think they'll remember the Easter story when they think of the symbolism from the recipe. It also helped us start our Easter Sunday thinking about Jesus Christ instead of the Easter Bunny.

We try to down-play the Easter Bunny at our house and concentrate more on the true reason for celebrating Easter, but the Easter Bunny did come to our house. He hides candy filled plastic eggs for them to find and then fills the little kid's baskets. Once our kids turn 12 the Easter Bunny only brings candy and a gift card. Oh, he always brings a chocolate bunny for each of them, too! He also hides their baskets for them to find and the older they get they harder they are to find. We get a lot of enjoyment out of watching them hunt for them.

A friend told me that she always wraps her baskets in cellophane to keep everything all together, so I decided to try that this year. I've never done that before. It worked pretty good and I think I'll do it next year, at least with the little ones. We had a nice Easter morning with the kids and after church (we go to church from 1PM-4PM) we had a great ham dinner. Yummy!

Vance also recieved the priesthood on Sunday, which made Easter even more special for our family. He was so ready to recieve it and of course, it made me cry! I was and am a very proud mom. All the young men even turned around so that he could give his mom a hug! We have a crazy young men's group! It was wonderful and next week I'll probably be crying while he's passing the sacrament, too. My babies are growing up way too fast! It was a very nice Easter this year. We had a wonderful peace that day, which is what Easter should bring! I hope you all had a great Easter as well!

1 Comment:

dawnae said...

You guys have some great traditions...I especially like the candy and gift card for the older ones! My Spencer will turn 12 in a year and a month! I hope we will both be ready!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...