***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Saturday, April 14, 2007

5 Senses Saturday



Sight:

  • loads of laundry
  • grumpy 12 year old
  • a new walmart I didn't know about
  • grey skies
  • new shoes for my kids

Sound:

  • "I'm sorry, I'm late again" from Chad when he got home from work
  • giggling from the back of the van
  • The Muppet's theme song on my cell phone (that's how it rings when my kids call)
  • washing machine
  • "I'm hungry" from all my kids at one point or another

Smell:

  • the "ship" smell on Chad's clothes
  • perfumed shampoo on the dog after her bath (Myshel bathed her)
  • flowery air freshener that sprays every 18 minutes
  • Chad's chocolate marshmellow bunnies
  • seafood in the grocery store

Touch:

  • soft pillow that I didn't want to get up from
  • lots and lots of clothes that I folded
  • glue
  • hot water from dishes
  • Vance's scar on his neck

Taste:

  • cold pizza
  • bottled water
  • milk
  • cheese stick
  • Mountain Dew

3 Comments:

Zoe said...

How did Vance get a scar on his neck?
I was so busy babysitting that I forgot to do this!

Zoe said...

Zoe's comment was actually from me, Joey...I forgot I have Zoe signed in instead of me.

Cindy said...

Vance had a small cyst on the back of his neck removed recently. There wasn't suppose to be much of scar at all, but there definitely is. There are even little scars on either side of it from the three stitches that were there. His scar looks like a small line, with 3 small circles on each side of the line. It shouldn't have been so noticeable, and the scars from the stitches shouldn't be there at all. It's a little irritating that they didn't do a better job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...