***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, March 16, 2007

A Renewed Appreciation................

Blackout Last Friday around 2AM our electricity went out. So the house was pitch black, and I was wide awake. 2 1/2 hours later, it came back on again. I don't know why it was out, but it wasn't a whole lot of fun. I'm not a big fan of the dark, really. I don't particulary like the silence that goes with the electricity being out either. You get used to all those little sounds while you sleep. The kids did stay asleep that night, so it really wasn't a problem, just frustrating.

Blackout Last night around 2AM our electricity went out again. Our house was pitch black and I was wide awake and so was Vance and McKaylie, but Chad was out cold. I woke him up and had him help me get the kids some flashlights so that they wouldn't be scared and go back to sleep. After he helped, he was out cold again and I was still wide awake, but feeling very tired. I finally started falling asleep and Noah woke up, scared. I got up and took care of him...........went back to bed, and laid there wide awake. After 2 hours, and I was finally asleep. So, of course, the electricity came back on and woke me up! It was starting to get ridiculous, but at least we have our electricity back. Chad got up and got ready for work, I went back to bed and fell asleep, ahhhhhhhhhhh, for about an hour, when the electricity went out AGAIN! I gave up. I got up, went downstairs and lit some candles and sat down there until it was time to wake Myshel up.

She was not happy about getting dressed with only a flashlight to light up her room and of course, it was cold, because the heater wasn't on. Not ooooooo I'm going to freeze to death cold, just colder than our house usually is. The other kids just took it in stride. I think they were enjoying playing around with the flashlights and having the candles lit. But, Myshel went on and on and on, using her very best "drama queen" attitude ever! It resulted in her missing the bus. I was not happy! and I still had no electricity, but I did notice on the way to taking her to school that everyone around our housing did have electricity! What is the deal???? Well, it came back on around 7:30AM. So, now I'm going about my day with a renewed appreciation for electricity and very much sleep deprived.





1 Comment:

Unknown said...

What IS the deal with your electricity???

Yay for the few extra hours with Chad!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...