***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, March 5, 2007

My Latest Project......................

We had an old table, actually it was originally a desk until we dismantled it. It was beat up and stained and scratched and we were going to throw it out with lots of other things before we move. But the other week when I was at the doctor's office (one of the many times), sitting in the waiting room, looking at magazines, I saw a picture of a card table that some lady had redone. She had taken all her old photos that she didn't really use anymore, or the extras that didn't make the scrapbook cut and she made a collage on the card table with them. And it was so cute and I thought I could do that. I could take all the extra photos we have all over the house and in drawers and I could glue them to that old table and it would be so cool..................and it is. I really like how it turned out. I glued them all on, and put about 800 coats of mod podge over them and then sealed it with clear spray paint. This "old" table is now my new scrapbook/sewing table.

We've all had fun looking at the pictures. There are pictures of all the kids from the time they were little and from Chad and I when we were dating and first married clear up until now. It just turned out to be a lot of fun.

2 Comments:

Your favorite sister said...

That is soooo cute! Why didn't you show me that when I was over there? You did such a good job. Now would you like to come over and do one for me?

Unknown said...

I LOVE it! Now I know what to do with all of our spare photos stored in boxes...if only I had a spare table :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...