***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, February 5, 2007

A New Table for me, I mean us!



I've had my old table for almost 12 years, which isn't that long really considering it was a good table and there wasn't really anything wrong with it, but I was sooooo glad to get rid of it and buy a new one. I never really wanted "that" table. (It's a long story that I won't get into here) It was pretty and worked well. We even refinished it, but it still wasn't "me". I told Chad that I'd like to look at new tables and he was ok with that. I'm not sure if he thought I was totally serisous until we went window shopping for furniture for one of our dates! We saw this table and I fell in love with it.............Chad did, too! We went back about a week or so later and bought it. It is 60" with the leaf out and can seat 8 people! I love that we could have guests and all sit at the table! It's also taller than traditional tables. It's counter height, which I also love! The strange thing about this table is that it's dark wood. It's the only thing in my house that I've bought that is dark wood, but I love that, too. There was actually 3 finishes to choose from and the dark was my favorite! This table is "me" and I am so excited to have it! Thank you, Chad!

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...