***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, February 16, 2007

My Caseload......................

Case #1: The week started with Noah telling me that his thumb hurt. He had infected hangnail. It was pretty bad. I considered taking him to the doctor, but decided I'd wait a day or two and see if I could get it to clear up at home. Yesterday morning, I decided we'd waited long enough, it wasn't getting any better, so, we went to the doctor. He has a staff infection. (oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!! that is not good!!!!!!!!!!) It's not terrible, but he definitely needed to come in to the doctor. After waiting 1 1/2 hours at the pharmacy we have antibiotics, ointment and 10 days that we have to fight Noah to take his medicine (twice a day)

Case #2: Vance has been up in the middle of the night almost every night this week. He complains about being stuffed up and he can't sleep. I believe one night he told me he thought his head was going to explode. This morning I woke up to him laying on my floor moaning that he was going to die (and I thought Myshel was dramatic) He's home sick with a terrible cold.

Case #3: Myshel also has been complaining of cold symptoms all week. There were a couple of days that she almost went to the nurse at school and asked to call me. It got the best of her yesterday when she came home from school completely wiped out. This morning we took her to the doctor, she has strep..............again! This is the 3rd time in 5 months. The doctor told us that is she gets it again in the next couple of months that they'll recommend that she have her tonsils taken out and refer us to an ENT. (apparently one tonsillectomy in the family per year isn't enough!) She's home sick fighting strep.

Case #4: McKaylie has felt great all week. She has complained about nothing. She has had no symptoms of any kind. Last night we woke to her telling us she didn't feel well. She's been throwing up ever since. She's home sick, laying in bed, trying not to think about her tummy.

Summary: I have 3 children home sick from school today, one with strep, one throwing up, and one with a bad cold and another child on medication for staff, 1 husband at work, completley unavailable to me.

I think I need to file a complaint!

2 Comments:

Kids Cooking Activities said...

Ouch, Sorry to hear your plight. I love the crazy dog picture on the right that is how I feel most days.

Unknown said...

You poor thing! Your complaint has been heard and I order Chad to watch the kids when he is available so you can have a break!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...