***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, February 8, 2007

I'm good with that....................

Friends of ours, Joey and Matt, just had a baby and I was showing Chad the pictures on her blog and oooo-ing and ahhhh-ing over her new baby daughter. (Congrats again by the way!) So, of course, we started remembered having our own babies and all the little things that we enjoyed and appreciated when they were so little and miss now that they're not.


It was funny because on Sunday I had watched a young mother giving her baby a bottle and watched the baby make little fists and hold his arms close to him and his eyes were half closed. He was so content being held by his mother and I thought, "I always loved those moments when kids were tiny". I told Chad about it and he said that he was watching a guy in his meeting on Sunday who had his baby daughter with him. He said she was about 5-6 months old and the dad was playing with her and making her laugh and Chad said he thought to himself, "I loved that with my own kids at that age". We talked awhile longer and Chad asked the question I knew was coming, "does all that make you want to have another baby?" and I thought for a moment and said, "no, no, it doesn't. What about you?" His answer, "no, I like where we're at." I completely agreed.


I loved having my little babies and I loved all those tender moments and even some of the frustrating ones. I loved watching them getting older and learning and growing. I still do love that. But I know and feel in my heart that that part of our lives is done for now and we're on to the next stage. I am so at peace with that, too, and I've very grateful that I don't have have a nagging wonder in the back of my head, "should there be more????????" I know that our family is right as it should be. Do I miss those tender sweet moments with a newborn, absolutely! But that's not where I am in my life, anymore, and I'm good with that!

Myshel, Vance, McKaylie, Noah

All around 1 year old

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

My goal is to have that peace that you feel with your family. I want to feel complete.
Happy birthday! I was hoping Kate would come on your birthday, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. She was close, though. It looks like you had a fun celebration!
I love your new table :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...