***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Home is Where the Navy Sends Us.................

It was brought to my attention this morning that I have not told everyone that we have our orders. Chad's transfer date in next June and we've been looking at orders for the last few months. There are several reasons that we have not told many people. First and foremost: We dont' have the written orders yet. I know that might not mean much to you non-navy folks, but I know that all you navy folk are nodding your heads and saying, "ahhh, yeah". It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I've dealt with the navy long enough to know that things can change and not that they can't change after you have orders in hand, but they're less likely too. So, we usually wait until we have the written orders before we start announcing anything. Second: Against my better judgement, (things can and do change alot, sort of thing) I'm starting to get excited about these orders, and well, I don't want to jinx it, silly, I know, but that's the truth of it. However, I'm willing to take a leap of faith, and let you all know that our next duty station will be in Newport, Rhode Island. We're excited about it. Both Chad and I think that it will be a great place for our family, at least for the next three years.

Countdown: 6 days and a wake up.....................

1 Comment:

Your favorite sister said...

I am not going to say anything about this...:(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...