***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, September 29, 2006

A Brief Moment.................


I rarely allow myself moments like this. So, I'll share my brief "moment" with all of you. This is our deployment chart. We made it the day that Chad left and each day the kids, this time mostly McKaylie and Noah, put a sticker up. We've made a chart every time he's left for more than a month. When the chart's full, then that's when daddy will be home. It is comforting at times to see the chart fill up, but I have to say that when there's only 1 or 2 stickers on it and 200 empty squares, it's more depressing than helpful. However, as you can see, we are 3/4 of the way through this lousy deployment. I put the last sticker up on the third section and allowed myself a very brief moment of excitement. I let myself think that soon this will be over. We've made it 3/4 of the way, surely, we can hold out for this last quarter. It will be over soon. It was a brief moment, though, I really don't let myself think about that very long or very often. I just can't. Too many things could happen between now and then, too many things. And, I still have to get through that last 1/4. I just can't put my guard down, yet. I know lots of women who can really just enjoy the last few months, because it's the "final countdown" sort of thing, but I don't do that, I can't. I enjoyed my moment of excitment, but now I have it tucked away in my heart where it will stay for awhile longer.

1 Comment:

Your favorite sister said...

Ok all you are doing is making me sad lately! :( You better come to the cook off tonight. I will try and think of some funny stories to cheer you up! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...