***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Saturday, August 26, 2006

An unexpected answer.................

A couple of days ago, I had a bad day. When I say bad, I mean BAD! I don't know if it was any one thing. I think it was just an accumulation of lots of things, topped off by a bad mood! I was up late that night, trying to finish some things before I went to bed and trying, somewhat, to calm down. I even remember saying a little prayer, that went something like, "please help me to change my mood so that tomorrow can be a better day". But, I was irritable even then. Around 11PM the phone rang. Of course, my first thought, "who would be calling me at this hour". So, I grumbled to the phone and the caller ID had a Norfolk number on it which I didn't recognize. I considered not answering it but decided I would. I figured it was someone with the wrong number, so I'm sure I sounded a little testy when I said hello. After a short pause, I heard, "hello beautiful". It was Chad. We only got to talk for a few minutes, but those few minutes made all the difference. He made me laugh and he lightened my mood and the next day was a better day. I would give anything to have him here talking to me in person, making me laugh and brightening my days, but I'll take what I can get for now. It's nice to know that even from thousands of miles away, he can still be the answer to my prayers. Holding Hands





1 Comment:

Unknown said...

That is awesome! I have tears in my eyes. I love that he calls you beautiful, it is so sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...