***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Dishwasher Dilema

About 3 weeks ago I phoned in a maintenance call to have my dishwasher fixed. The "thing" that holds the silverware basket broke and it wasn't washing the dishes very well. Usually, maintenance responds in 1-2 days. They're pretty good about getting right out, but not this time. 3 weeks and several phone calls later, someone finally showed up to fix it. They took a look at it and told me that they don't even use that brand of dishwasher in the housing anymore. Not exactly what I wanted to hear. Then he told me they'd just replace it. That's what I wanted to hear! So, I was very excited. They showed up the next morning, which was yesterday and brought me my new dishwasher. I used it for the first time this morning and it flooded my kitchen 5 minutes after I turned it on. So, we're waiting again for maintenance to come back and fix the dishwasher. I think Vance hit the nail on the head when he said, "I should have known this was too good to be true!" I agree, when they told me I was getting a new dishwasher, I was really hoping for one that works!

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Oh no! I hope you get a new one that works soon :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...