***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, July 14, 2006

That would be Miss Fix-it, that you very much!

Handyman I always joke around with Chad that I fix more things in our house than he does, but it's only half joking really.....................

My kids broke the arm on our sectional. They climb on it and jump over/on it and in the process broke it. It was really loose and the cushions wouldn't fit very well and I was very upset about it. It made me even more angry because we've only have the sectional for about a year and a half. For several weeks, I'd look at it and try and decide how I was going to fix it, but I just wasn't sure if I could do it and have it turn out ok, so I kept putting it off. I thought of people I could call to come and help me, but being the stubborn independent person that I am (those are Chad's words, not mine) I decided that I'd at least try and fix it myself. So, I finally got the drill and screws and went in to look at it some more and see what I could do. As I was looking at it, the whole arm came off! I turned around and looked at my kids and they all ran upstairs before I could say anything to them. Those guilty little cowards! It's just as well, I didn't have anything nice to say to them anyway! So, I set to work trying to figure out how to fix it and make it sturdy, thinking in the back of my head how stupid it was that I was having to do this instead of my husband! But, after a lot of grumping and growling and a few almost curse words (see how I said almost????) I fixed it! And, if I do say so myself, I did a good job! (it will probably fall off again tomorrow now that I said that) It's sturdy and looks good and I did it myself! And, my children have been sufficiently threatened! All in a days work, right?...................





0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...