***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, July 4, 2006

July 4th

Inside the hanger bay on the USS Enterprise

Just like most of you, on July 4th, I think of the many blessings I have because I live in this country. I think I took many of those blessings for granted before we were in the military. We joined the military mostly to have a secure job and to pay for college, but there hasn't been a day in Chad's career that I'm not proud of what he does and have respect for him as a sailor in the United States Navy. I see people make sacrifices for this country everyday and I am very grateful for each and everyone of those people and their families. Since we've joined the navy, I have a new respect for the military and what they do and why they do it. We have amazing freedoms here, freedoms that I've learned to appreciate and to give thanks for daily. I want my children to grow up knowing that they are blessed to live in this country and that many, many men and women have given all that they had for us to have those rights and freedoms. Not just the soldiers and sailors, but their families as well. I want them to understand how important it is for those soldiers and sailors to protect the liberties that we enjoy and at times take for granted.

We have a sign that hangs in our house with the american flag and a picture of Chad in his uniform on it. It says, "Daddy keeps us safe and makes us proud". And I believe that; Chad works everyday to help keep us safe and protect our liberties and we are proud of him for it, just like we're proud of all military and their families. Happy Independence Day!


0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...