***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, July 21, 2006

Go-go-go

The kids just want to go-go-go. I just want to stay-stay-stay! I hate Virginia summers! They are just not for me! Too hot, too humid, too yucky! Yesterday all I heard about all day was lets go to the BBQ. (The housing had a community cookout) They had spent the entire morning and part of the afternoon out in the pool and still just wanted to go some more! So we went. The food was fair and there wasn't much of it. They did have some neat carnival games, but none of my kids would play them. They even had a small mechanical bull for the kids to ride and I couldn't get any of them on it. So we sat out in the hot sun while the two little ones played at the playground. We could have done that at the house! I wondered why we even went. I had the camera with me, so I got some good pictures, though. We were there with Miss Candy and her daughter Erin.

Today we went to the park. There's one that's right by the zoo and that's the one they chose to go to. It was fine, hot, but fine, at least there was shade for me to sit in. We'd been there all of about 5 minutes when McKaylie announces that she has to use the bathroom! Right now! Well, there's no bathrooms at that playground, so we loaded everybody up, and went to the zoo.

The kids played in the fountains for awhile, after she used the bathroom, of course. Then we went to see the monkeys, but you have to walk throught the reptile house to get to the monkeys. We also saw the praire dogs. They really are cute, even though I know my in-laws and parents would just laugh at that.......................I know they're a menace out west, but here in the east they're a cute zoo attraction! We also walked around a little at the zoo while we drank a soda, which Noah was chugging, literally! So now that we're very hot and sweaty (you have to mention sweaty or you don't get the full effect) the kids want to go back to the playground that we started at. So off we go.....................this time we were there about 15 minutes and Noah decides that he doesn't like it there, which was all I needed to say, "let's go, guys"! There was a lot of grumbling in the back seat, and then some snoring. So we're good!






Noah

I also convinced Noah to let me cut his hair this morning. This is a real chore, the convincing him, not the actual haircut! For whatever reason he is very attached to his hair and doesn't part with it easily. I had only planned on giving him a trim, but he was being so good that I decided to just cut it all short and that way I wouldn't have to worry about it for that much longer. It's not a perfect cut, but it never is. It's not hanging in his eyes or over his ears, so I'm happy with that. While I was cutting his hair I told him he has hair like his dad's and he said, "yeah, just like dad's". Noah loves-loves-loves his daddy! Then I asked him if he was going to be my buddy when daddy came home and he said, "I'm daddy's buddy!" I whimpered and cried, "but who will be my buddy?", so he decided to throw me a bone, "ok, I'll be your buddy, too". There's just no justice to that, there's not!




0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...