***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Sunday, July 16, 2006

90 Degrees + High Humidity = Uuuuggggggg!

Sweaty It has been HOT and HUMID and it's making me nuts. This morning while I was driving to church I read the weather bill board. It was 8:45AM and 80 degrees with 90% humidty. It's just intolerable. I hate it. The day hadn't even started yet, really. But I have been verturing out in it here and there. Yesterday I think I hit my breaking point, though.

I started my day with my walk. Since it was Saturday there isn't as much traffic so I decided to go a different way and since it was Saturday and Myshel didn't have to leave for JU, I decided to walk a little longer. By the time I was done, I wasn't too sure those were such great choices. It was extremebly hot at 6:30AM, but it was very very humid, so for the first hour it wasn't too bad, but the last 45 minutes the sun was out and it got hot and miserable. I came home, face super red and dripping sweat (you can ask anyone who knows me, I do not like to sweat like that at all, I think it's nasty) The first thing I did was take a shower, I couldn't think of anything else, yuck, yuck yuck. My day was going to get worse though.

The kids and I did our usual Saturday cleaning, which was actually nice, because we were inside. The housing was having a festival for all their residents after lunch and the kids all wanted to go, so they were doing a good job cleaning. I, on the other hand, knew that it was going to be unbelievably hot and miserable there and was dragging my feet. I finally decided that I owed it to the kids and we went. We had to park about 3-4 blocks away and by the time we got there, the kids were thinking twice about it.

It was an amazing festival, though. They had tons and tons of crafts for the kids to do, free popcorn, snowcones, lemonade, cotton candy and water. There was a bungee thing for the kids, a train to ride, a climbing wall, music, dancers and free giveaways and the list goes on and on. All the crafts were under a tent, so we decided to stick with the shade for awhile. My kids did spin art, made candles, sand art, colored tote bags, made wax hands, mined for jewels, got their faces painted and ate tons of snowcones. Aside from the miserable heat, it was fun. They had a great time and if it hadn't been so hot, we probably would have stayed even longer, but the heat just sucked the energy right out of us. We were there for about 2 hours. Noah's hair was completely wet from sweating and everyone's clothes were just sticking to them. I looked around at one point and there wasn't a person around that didn't have sweat marks on their clothes or red faces. It was unbelievable. I've never seen so many sweaty people in one place in my life.

So we left and we decided that if we hurried we could run home, change, grab some snacks at the store and make it to the dollar movie at 4. We made, just barely. When we got to the theatre there was a line to get in. So we waited..........outside. It was nice to get inside though with the AC, kick back and watch the movie. We saw Over the Hedge. It was very cute. Noah fell asleep in his seat, poor guy.

The theme for the day seemed to be hot and uncomfortable, but it was worth going out in. We had a good day and now we'll have something to look back on and laugh. I guess.Sweating 2





0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...