***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Sunday, June 4, 2006

A simple task...............


Yesterday I was changing the batteries in my grandfather clock. There are 5 different batteries in it and it has a wood panel that you slide up to access the back of the clock. I struggled with tying to hold it and change out the batteries and it wasn't working very well, but I really didn't want to take out the wooden panel completely because, well, because I was just being lazy! Finally I got the panel to stick a little and it stayed up for awhile.......................In the middle of changing the batteries.....WHAM!........down it came..................on my fingers! It was just two fingers, but it hurt so bad that I could hardly catch my breath! As I was struggling to breathe and get ice for my fingers, I heard little snickers from behind me...............it was Myshel and Vance..............through their giggles they managed to ask if I was ok, but it wasn't very heartfelt. KIDS! They're out of the will! Anyway, my fingers are still a little swollen today, definitely bruised and sore to the touch, but I think they'll still work. In the back of my head I'm thinking "if you would have just taken out the wood panel then this wouldn't have happened, next time just take out the wood panel..............HA, next time, the kids are changing the batteries!

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...