***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, June 5, 2006

Roses in Bloom..........

I've always loved the mini rose and carnation plants that you can buy in the stores. They always look so pretty and have wonderful little flowers on them. BUT, when I've bought them, they always die! I think Chad bought this mini rose plant for me. It's probably been a couple of years now that I've had it. I don't remember for sure. This little plant has almost died so many times, it's amazing that it's even here. I've been trying to nurse it back to health since I brought it home, I think. I must have done something right this spring, though, because it's been growing like crazy and looks wonderful. The best part, of course, it has two rose buds. I was so excited when I first saw them growing. It had been so long since we bought this plant that I didn't even remember what color the flowers were. It's been fun watching the buds grow and the plant getting new leaves. Now we'll get to see the flowers open! I hope it will keep flowering for awhile. I'm just so excited that it's not dead!

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...