***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Sunday, June 4, 2006

On the Other End of the Line......................

Chatty 2 After talking to Chad from his ship yesterday, and talking to my sister who lives in Bulgaria right now, I had to marvel somewhat at the miracles of today. Both are around 7000 miles away from where I live and yet, they both picked up a phone and dialed my house directly. I was able to talk to them, in real time, just like I would a neighbor in Norfolk. From 7000 miles away I got to hear my sister tell me about her kids and how life is going and I got to hear my husband laugh because I told him he doesn't really work while he's out there. And the best part, I got to HEAR him say I love you, from half way around the world, while he's sitting out in the middle of the water and I'm sitting here in my living room. It make you feel like you're just a little bit closer. That's pretty impressive in my book!





0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...