***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Saturday, June 3, 2006

Myshel with a cell.................

Call Me I did something yesterday that I didn't think I'd ever do. I sent Myshel to school with a cell phone. Trust me, I've heard, "mom, can I get a cell phone" and "mom, when do I get a cell phone, everyone at my school has one" at least a million times! The answer is always the same, "when you can start paying for it yourself". And since Myshel and her money have a hard time staying together, that wasn't going to happen any time soon. Actually, Myshel with a cell was never in the plans...........
But, maybe I should explain a little.

Actually, she wasn't going to school exactly. Her class went to King's Dominion to celebrate passing their Algebra SOL test. They left from the school, just after school started. So, she was going to go spend the day at King's Dominion, which is about 1 1/2 hours away (give or take). Now, they were suppose to always have their "buddy" with them, but basically they were on their own and their teacher and chaperone's would check on/in with them every so often. That didn't set well with me completely. I'll admit, I can be overprotective. I do trust Myshel, but I also know that she can get silly and a little irrespossible when hanging out with friends. I mean come on she's 13! No parents or chaperones hanging on their ever move..........hello! Besides, just because I can trust her doesn't mean I can trust everyone else at the park. So, to put my mind at ease and make sure that she had a way to call for help, just in case, I sent her to school with a cell phone. (mostly to put my mind at ease, but we really don't need to linger on that point, too much) Along with this cell priveledge came a lecture about responsibility, earning trust, and not taking advantage of situations, which I have to say she took very well. (mostly, I'm sure, because she really wanted to take the cell phone with her)

In the end, she proved herself to be very responsible and didn't take advantage of the situation at all. She was even a very good daughter and put my mind at ease by calling and checking in with me several times throughout the day.





1 Comment:

Unknown said...

I would have done the same thing...if I had a cell phone to give :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...