***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A little update...............

Noah: Well let's see, Noah's fever finally broke last night. I still have no idea what was causing it. It's made for several very long nights!

Vance: Monday night I was in the computer room. I'd gone in there so that I could make a phone call and not be bothered, but that didn't work, so I had to shut the door too. Just as I was about to make the call, I heard Vance. He wasn't crying, it's more like a whimper, but he was calling me. So as I headed for the door to see what was going on, his call became much more intense, so I was rather anxious about opening the door. He was sitting on the floor outside the door and when I asked what was wrong he said he hurt his arm. The was he was acting and sounding I totally expected it to be broken. But, when I looked at it there was a small scrap on the underside of his arm and I could see that it was going to bruise, but it really wasn't that bad, not bad enough to make my 11 year old sound the way he did. I gave him a questioning look and asked if that was it. He whimpered back, "no, I hurt my side, too". I lifted up his shirt and cringed. He had a road-rash looking scrape about the size of a dinner plate on his side. Even though I'd told him 100 times not to walk along the top of our back fence, that's what Vance was doing..............and he fell..........and hit the fence on his way down. I'm not sure if it looked worse the first night, all scraped red and welting, or the next night when all the bruising was starting to show. Either way, OUCH!! Now this is when I'd say, "I told you so", but I won't. I don't think it matters, since he doesn't listen to me anyway.

Myshel: She was riding her scooter and goofing around on it. She turned a corner too fast and put her foot down to slow herself down and scraped up her toes and ankle. She came in the house with blood running off her foot. Today she's been limping around on it. She can hardly bend her toes, either. I'm not sure if this is just the drama queen in her or if she's really done some damage. She has a check-up with her doctor tomorrow, I guess we'll find out then. This is another I told you so moment..........................You shouldn't wear flip-flops while riding around on your scooter!

McKaylie: I don't know what her deal is. She's either just very worn out and maybe stressed about the change in our schedule lately or she's trying to make me nuts! Every morning this week she's been whining, fussing, crying, etc, etc. It's been a complete chore just getting her to school. One day it was about not getting to hold Snickers, the guinea pig. Another day was about brushing her hair and today it was getting her socks on!

Cindy: I'm just trying to hang on to what little sanity I have left!

Chad: He's still floating around out there in the water, working hard (so, I'm told)

2 Comments:

Your favorite sister said...

I think we need 2 get 2gether! I almost killed myself today trying to stay sane! 6 kids ( 5&under) from 8:30-1:30 and then 9 kids (7& under) from 1:30 until 6:30...no going outside b/c of the rain.Trying to help out a friend. Babysitting sucks sometimes. How do we survive I ask yah? U better b at church on Sunday so I can vent! Look who's talking huh? Ok long comment..sorry! :)

Kids Cooking Activities said...

Ditto on my 6 year old also. This morning we had a fight over you are old enough to put your socks on yourself. I never knew a 6 year old could stress me out so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...