***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Letters

Love Letter I got a letter from Chad in the mail this last week. There's just something about recieving an actual letter through the mail. I never could quite put my finger on why until just recently. I read in the paper the other day about an interview some reporter had with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves. They were talking about their new movie, The Lake House, where they basically fall in love through letters they're written to each other (There's more to the movie than that, but for my purpose that's all you need to know) Now don't get me wrong, I love email. I don't know how I ever got through deployments without it, but a letter is like on another level than that. I lost the actual article, but these are some of the things that Sandra and Keanu said about writing letters as best as I can remember. When I read it, I kept saying to myself, "that's it, that's exactly right." They hit the nail on the head for me. They put into words exactly what I felt about recieving letters from Chad.............. A hand written letter is so much more personal. That other person took the time and energy to gather their thoughts and write it down on paper. They thought of you when they wrote it. They wrote things that were ment just for you. You know that they held that letter in their hands; that it was with them personally before it came to you. It's like they're sending a small part of themselves, just to you. You can't get that through an email, no matter how personal you make.





0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...