***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Growing Up is Hard to Do..............



I've had people come over and comment on the pictures that we have in our house. Mostly the ones of Chad and I when we first met or were first married.

The comments usually go something like this, "I can't believe how young you look", "how old were you in these pictures, anyway", "wow, how long ago was that". You get the idea.

After the last "encounter", I was telling one of my friends who lives in another state all about it, maybe even venting a little. She laughed at me! Some friend, huh!!

But she did remind me that we all change. We all get older. We all grow and mature. And that's ok. After I thought about it awhile, I agreed that that's all true. I'm glad I'm not the same person that's in those pictures.

I'm glad that I have more experience, more maturity, more love and more faith than I did back then. It would be nice, however, to have the figure I had back then and the energy.

I'm sure that Chad would agree that he'd like the hair he had back then, too! But, all in all, I am happy with me, right now and I don't long to be that girl in the pictures. I'm pretty happy with who she became.

2 Comments:

Your favorite sister said...

hubba hubba! U guys r smokin'! I am glad that u r happy w/ who u r now! Can't wait till I get 2 that point...if I get 2 that point. U r the best and I luv yah just how u r!

Unknown said...

What fun to look at those pictures! I like who you are now, too :-)...And I'm sure you had the same sweet personality then.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...