***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Girl's Camp

I Love CampI sent Myshel off to girl's camp yesterday morning at 6:30AM. They're not exactly "roughing" it. They're staying in cabins, eating in a mess hall. There's a swimming pool and lots of other fun stuff. There's no building your own fires and pitching your own tents or cooking your own food like when I went to girl's camp. The first (and only) year I went it rained, every day, all day long, for 4 days and then we came home of the 5th day. We didn't have a dry pair of shoes, half the tents were flooded out and it was work trying to keep the fires going. It was also cold, very cold during the night and we camped in July! That's camping!! And it really wasn't my "thing".

I know she wanted to go, but she kept telling me she didn't. I think she was just a little nervous. It was hard for me to send her. She'll be gone for 5 days. That's not that long, but it's the longest we've ever been apart in her 13 1/2 years. I don't think Myshel really minded. She did say she'd miss me after the first couple of days. Stinker!! It was hard for me, though, because even when my kids make me nuts, I love having them around. I know she's going to have lots of fun and she has great leaders, too. The house has been much quieter since she's been gone. With Chad and Myshel gone it really doesn't seem quite right around here. I'll be glad when she's home again.
Camp Fire




1 Comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like my kind of girls camp that Myshel is going to!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...