***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Baby ducks..............


We went and fed the ducks a few days ago. I was so glad we did, too. There was lots of baby ducks. There was several little families, some with older ducklings, and some with very little ducklings. It was lots of fun to watch the mama ducks care for her babies.

There's also lots and lots of turtles that will come and eat the bread too. AND ther's lots of fish, great big fish that will come and eat the bread. When I say big, I mean BIG. I was told that some are 10 pounds or bigger! I also learned that there are catfish, large mouth bass, and carp in this lake. There's probably more, but that's all they knew about. It's illegal to fish here, but I'm sure there's lots of people who are tempted.

The down side of this trip, was that I also learned that there are snakes there, lots of snakes and some of them are water moccasins (sp?) We go here fairly often, so that is not what I wanted to hear!

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...