***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Fitness Awards

Sit Up Myshel's PE teacher had all the kids in her class set a goal about what level of fitness they wanted to try for. There are awards for the different levels. The second highest is the National Fitness Award and the highest is the Presidential Fitness Award, which is actually from the president of the United States. I'm sure if you have kids in school you've heard of these awards. They have to do sit ups, pull ups, run the mile, a shuttle run, and a V stretch. (I think that's all) Anyway, several months ago, Myshel had to decide what level she was going to try for. She wanted to just go for the national, but I told her I thought she should go for the presidential. I knew she'd have to work pretty hard to make it, but I also felt the national wasn't challenging her enough. She decided to go for presidential (especially since I had to sign the sheet that she set her goal on! ha ha......... the joy of being a mother!) She's been working hard and there's been frustrations and disappointments and mumbling about how it's my fault and so on. BUT, it all paid off! She came home today and said she'd made it! Aerobics My skinny little, girly girl made the presidential level! Her teacher told her to go home and tell her mom to take her out for ice cream. So, I did! I'm soooo proud of her. She set her goal, which really was a difficult one, worked hard and achieved it. And, she's proud of herself and I love seeing that on her face! whoooohoooo, Myshel!Running Man







0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...