***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, April 28, 2006

Terrible Two's?.........I don't think so!

Everyone says that the "2's" are the worst, hence, the name, terrible twos. BUT, I have to object (I've felt this way with all my kids, so it's an objection that's been going on for a good long time now!) I do think that when kids hit 2 they start to assert themselves more. They'll tell you "no" a lot. Some kids around 2 will start their temper tantrums (mine included) But, when they turn 3 it seems they start to put their whole might, mind and strength behind their "no's"! Temper tantrums seem to turn into huge meltdowns. And asserting themselves turns into stricking back and anything and everything they don't like. When you tell them "no" at 2 they listen but don't obey, when you tell them "no" at 3 they look at you as if you're crazy and then ignore you from that point on. I love my kids, but I cringed when each of them hit their 3's. Noah, as with many aspects of his life, has shown me just how bad the 3's can be. There are 183 days and counting until Noah turns 4!

In his defense, apparently being 3 is hard work!

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...