***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Sunday, April 2, 2006

Rock Bottom

Vomit Ok, I think we've hit rock bottom. I spent most of Thursday not feeling great, but still funtioning, hoping in the back of my mind it wasn't what I was thinking it was. By 10:30 that night, all hope was lost! It hit me, the stomach flu that has plaqued our house for weeks finally found it's way to me. And, it was not pretty. I was absolutely miserable for the next 4 hours, but that's not when we hit rock bottom believe it or not. Just as I was starting to feel like I might live, Noah woke up and started throwing up and as I sat there with him I heard a noise down the hall. It was Vance he was up too, and he was sick. So as I was trying to deal with my own aching body and practically no sleepBloodshot, I was also trying to be a good mom and take care of my boys who were also having a very lousy night and a thought came to me......."Who's going to walk McKaylie to school this morning. She usually walks with Vance".................CRAP! That's when I hit rock bottom! So, I dragged myself out of bed and walked McKaylie to school. I can't say that it was enjoyable, but the cool air did feel good. (Thinking back on this with a clearer mind, I did have friends that I could have called who would have helped me out, but obvisouly, my mind was no where close to being clear.) Later that morning I again dragged myself up off the couch and ran to the store for some needed "sicky" supplies. And through all this I kept reminding myself that Chad was coming home that day. I didn't know when, but some time that day. What a nice warm welcome he got! He came home around 7:30PM, I had crawled back into my pajamas and was in my bed, Sick In BedVance was feeling better, but running a fever and Noah, well, Noah is Noah, he was running around like nothing happened! I was happy to see him, though, because one of the first things he said to me was, "what can I do to help", and my reply was "go feed your kids!"





1 Comment:

Unknown said...

You guys need to get better...that's an order!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...