***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Easter dresses.......

Easter Bonnet Chad and I went out and bought our girls Easter dresses yesterday, without the girls. McKaylie's is cute and simple, nothing too over the top. She'll look very pretty, but it won't get in her way, just the way she likes it. We worried that it looked a little big, but she could grow into it, right. Myshel's was a little frilly and floaty (if you know what that means), very feminine and pretty, like her. I worried that she wouldn't like the way it looked on. She's very picky about her clothes these days, but we'd worry about that when we needed to. But, all in all, we were proud of ourselves for finding what we thought were the perfect dresses for our girls. When we brought them home and had them try them on, McKaylie's was perfect. It fit her personality, but it's not too big, in fact, you wouldn't want it any smaller.........and then Myshel walked down. I knew she liked it from the way she bounced down the stairs..........good, we got past that hurdle.......and then there she was standing in front of us..............our 13 1/2 year old. She looked beautiful. Her dad picked out her dress and it fit her personality to a tee. She said it was perfect. But, my heart sank a little. She looked so big, so mature, standing there in that dress. TearyMy baby is growing up and no matter how many times I tell myself that's a good thing, it still pains my heart just a little every time I notice it. I'm still proud of Chad and I, we did a great job picking out their Easter dresses..............and the little twing in my heart will go away the very next time she tells me how much I'm ruining her life!





1 Comment:

Unknown said...

I want to see pictures of these girls in their dresses!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...