***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Saturdays.....

Making The Bed At our house, we clean on Saturday. Ideally, we should be able to clean in the morning and "play" for the rest of the day. LaundryMy children know this is the routine, we do it every Saturday. I can't understand why they haven't learned that the work willSweeping get done faster without the complaints and fighting. However, without fail, when I tell them it's time to get to work, Cleaning Windows they act like they've never heard of cleaning on Saturday before in their life. I get all kinds of statements, such as, "you're sooo unfair", "all you ever do is make us clean", "I didn't make that mess", "he/she isn't doing her job" and it goes on and on. It amazes me how sincere they sound, too. Cleaning The Toilet If you didn't know any better, you would think that it was the first time they wereDusting asked to clean on Saturday. I do know better, though; so, however much they amaze me with their agony and long suffering, all it's getting them is more chores. Mopping





0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...