***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Hide and Seek


I've been having trouble with my Norton Security program on my computer lately. So, this morning while trying to get my kids ready for school and do all the "morning stuff" I was also trying to uninstall and then reinstall Norton. It didn't want to work so it took much longer than it should have. I was getting really frustrated and was really concentrating on it when I realized that the house was very quiet, too quiet. I knew that Vance and McKaylie had left for school just a little bit before that, but where was Noah? I went on a search..........nothing.............I called to him.......no answer........I searched every room.........nothing...........I called some more..........no answer.........I started to panic a little.......did he go outside when the kids left for school?..........I'm still looking.......nothing...............that 5 minutes seem to be an eternity at the time Nervous ................so I'm thinking to myself what kind of a mother are you that you lose your kid in 5 minutes time, in your own house.........................I was distracted by the computer..................that's not a very good excuse..................so, I decide to call one more time before panic completely takes over............."Noah, you're scaring me, where are you?"..............then I hear a thump from his bedroom. He comes running out saying, "Mommy, I was hiding from you and you didn't find me"! While my heart was still pounding, I picked him up and gave him a hug and said, "You are a good hider, Noah, let's not ever play that game again!"






0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...