***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, February 24, 2006

Shave and a Haircut....

Noah is a very strong willed little boy. When he sets his mind to something there is very little you can do to change it. Somewhere along the line he's decided that he doesn't like haircuts. I will usually let it go until I just can't stand it any more. I mean when he starts looking like a shaggy little orphan, it's more than I can take. I've been telling him for days that he needs a haircut and even sang the song "Shave and a Haircut, Two Bits..." to him hoping he would think it was a game, but all I got each time was "NO, NO HAIRCUT". So I decided that this time I'd start cutting it while he was taking his nap. It's worked before so maybe it would work this time. Well, it was going really well until he woke up half way through the cut. (Maybe I should note that he usually wakes up very grumpy, he gets that from his dad's side of the family, I'm sure) Now what do I do???? I have to take the other 3 kids to the dentist in 2 hours and I can't take him out of the house with half a haircut............. So, I did what any good mother would do. I thought of something that he would hate worse than a haircut and used it against him! "Noah, I can't take you to the dentist with everyone else with half your hair cut, so, I guess I'll just have to call the babysitter and you'll stay here with her". Boy, he really had to think about which one he thought was worse. He reluctantly sat down and let me finish the cut, but not without a good amount of tears. It wasn't perfect, but that's ok. I'll take what I can get.

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...