***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Monday, February 27, 2006

Getting Sick

Sick I woke up Saturday to McKaylie throwing up in my bathroom, not the best way to be woken up, but at least she made it to the bathroom. She continued throwing up off and on throughout most of the day. Around noon she had a fever to go with it. Now I knew she was sick, but what really made it convincing for me was when she fell asleep around 11AM and took a pretty good nap. For McKaylie to spend the day doing nothing but laying around....it's serious!

The whole day while I took care of McKaylie I kept mumbling to myself..."please don't let the other kids get sick......please don't let the other kids get sick....please don't let me get sick". McKaylie woke me up Sunday morning announcing that she was feeling great! She looked white as a ghost and exhausted, but she insisted that she was doing wonderful. I still made her stay home from church. She didn't understand that since I hadn't been able to keep any food down her, other than one banana, that I didn't want to take her to church and run the risk of her throwing up again during the meetings, not to mention the other parents wouldn't appreciate me bringing my sick daughter to church.

Myshel's had a cold for about a week now and woke up on Sunday with a slight fever. Not knowing if it was becasue of her cold or because of the stomach flu that McKaylie had, she stayed home too. And since Chad's gone and couldn't take the other kids to church, we ALL stayed home.

Around 11AM I started getting a migraine and it's still going strong, today. So, apparently mumbling under your breath....please don't get sick, has exactly the opposite effect. Did I say, I love being a mother!

Mom And Kids



0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...