***

"So Frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
***President Thomas S. Monson (Ensign May 1994)

Friday, February 24, 2006

Blue and Gold


I've been Vance's den leader for 3 years now. I've given him his first award that he earned and now I've given him his last cub scout award, his Arrow of Light. Blue and Gold banquets are always crazy. I've done 4 of them so far. They're held in the church gym, so it's noisy and there's lots of little kids running around. We don't have a big pack, but it's big enough for me. So, after 40 hotdogs, 2 huge bags of tator tots, 30 baked potatoes, 2 pots of chili, 2 cakes, all the condiments, 6 scouts, about 12 parents, 1 scout leader, a few church leaders, and about 20 brothers and sisters (at least it seemed like that many) our blue and gold banquet is over............and so am I. I'm being released from this calling. I say, good timing. phewwwwwwwwww
(Picture is Vance with his Arrow of Honor and all the "things" he's earned in cub scouts. We're very proud of him.)

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...